Romney’s pick of Paul Ryan means he is ready to go head-on with the Dims in public debate over ideas; Since so few dims use ideas to form their judgment, this may have little effect on appealing to the left, but it may serve to inform the few undecideds still left out there. Could there possibly be a clearer choice between 2 candidates?
Obama is doing the fundraising overseas that Americans won’t do? Does it come with a coupon for citizenship?
Spoken by a guy who has never started or run a business in his life. When you compare the level of input by a small business owner to what “help” is provided by others. What a pandering fool.
There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me — because they want to give something back. They know they didn’t — look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something — there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there. (Applause.)
If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.
The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don’t do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.
, how to hypnotize them, how to shear them
Of all the things to emphasize to the high school graduates of a community that has experienced the outpouring of support from all around the state and nation, the President chooses these words:
President Obama told teens who had survived an EF-5 tornado that they’d meet all sorts of nasty people in life, but that they’d be prepared for it. Flying to Missouri after the NATO summit in Chicago, Obama gave the commencement address tonight at Joplin High School. “I imagine that as you begin the next stage in your journey, you will encounter greed and selfishness; ignorance and cruelty,” Obama told the kids in prepared remarks. “You will meet people who try to build themselves up by tearing others down; who believe looking after others is only for suckers.”
he is like a relentless campigning shark: How can he use the local story to further his message.
Pay no attention to the help[ and support from private donoirs and volunteers, just get brainwashed by the Democratic talking points. Clown is as clown does
I see liberal commentators like Cenk Uygur applauding the reduction of 280B from the proposed budget, as an end to corporate crony capitalism. As if that’s not going to have an effect on the price of food, which is a disproportionally higher percentage of the budgets for the poor than the rich.
Cut 280B from subsidies, and prices will rise about….280B. That works out to about 3K per person per year in the US. Families currently on the margin will then need assistance to make ends meet. The cost of assistance will be passed on to the middle class, who always pays
The response will naturally be to increase the funding for food stamps, and more firmly connect the people to an all powerful natioanl government that provides for all necessities. Who could trust local and state governments, or betterm families and churches to take care of their tribes. What an odd notion these days
- Budget cutting by reducing farm subsidies (kansasreflections.wordpress.com)
- Cenk Uygur Cuts Peter Schiff’s Mic During Heated Discussion Over Crony Capitalism (mediaite.com)
- Twitter Attack Ad Against Cenk Uygur (faktensucher.wordpress.com)
- Libertarian students use Valentine’s Day to expose unhealthy lovefest between big business and political institutions (summitcountyvoice.com)
- Please “Current Tv” Take Cenk Uygur, the Stupid Turk Lawyer Off the Aire (bonjupatten.com)
- Subsidies always discriminate (tigerhawk.blogspot.com)
- Marcus Samuelsson: How Food Politics Can Affect Your Election Choices (huffingtonpost.com)
- The Good News and Bad News about Energy in President Obama’s Budget (insightadvisor.wordpress.com)
- Senators kick aganist fuel subsidy removal (vanguardngr.com)
- Are Farm Subsidies Really to Blame for Obesity? (alternet.org)
- Barack Obama Unveils A $3.8 TRILLION Budget! (perezhilton.com)
- Obama’s Budget, Explained in a Chart (businessweek.com)
- Open Thread: Foodstamp Nation? (newsbusters.org)
- “Budget Honesty” (duanegraham.wordpress.com)
- Welfare for the rich: Springsteen, Bon Jovi and Ted Turner get over $30billion in tax subsidies every year (talesfromthelou.wordpress.com)
- A look at Greece’s austerity measures (sfgate.com)