Ken Long is:
- a proud father of 3 great kids.
- a retired Army lieutenant colonel
- an Assistant Professor at the US Army Command and General Staff College
- Director of Research for Tortoise Capital Management, ( www.tortoisecapital.com) a financial research firm with international and institutional clients.
- a Doctoral candidate in Management at Colorado Tech University;
- a Premier league youth soccer coach
- a black belt in judo and ju jitsu and certified instructor in Army Combatives.
My Bliss: is being a father to 3 wonderful children who teach me about life everyday.
A favorite book: “Journey to the West” by Wu Cheng-en. I identify with Sun Wu-kong
Mindfulness: includes the daily practice of sitting quietly, doing nothing, experiencing the Moment
Interests: investing, trading, martial arts, sports, management, creativity, spirituality, Buddhism and Taoism.
Background: An Airborne Ranger with CIB, i have some skill in the areas of leadership, crisis management and systems thinking. I learned leadership in the field and in Army schools as an enlisted Soldier and then as an officer under the tutelage of great sergeants and officers throughout my military career.
Skills: in systems thinking, i earned a Masters of Science in Systems Management from the University of Southern California, in the practical application of theory as an Army logistician, being refined in the doctoral program in management at Colorado Tech.
Public speaking: i speak on the subject of trading the stock markets. I specialize in the development of simple, robust, risk-managed, intermediate and short term trading systems that use Exchange Traded Funds. Next year I will speak in Australia, Germany, and a number of venues in the US.
Consulting: clients include international banks, hedge funds, venture capitalists, and private equity managers.
Trading services: simple daily and weekly email reports that alert subscribers to high probability trading opportunities that anyone can take advantage of, without formal training or specialized knowledge. Mentoring and coaching for selected clients.