No time for truth telling, it’s the story!
How many times does he have to be told that you say anything BUT the truth?
Outrageous. Think of all the people who had been prepared to vote for him that are now turned off by those remarks that are so revealing of deep-seated….err…memories. Has he completely forgotten the importance of making up a narrative that will play well and then stick to it, morphing it as needed?
Don’t bother me with details of how well he has governed, or how he has performed in his adult life for 40 years, rising to the heights of his profession and being known as a thoughtful person.
- Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour Criticized for Downplaying ’60 Racial Tensions (politicsdaily.com)
- Haley Barbour and the KKK in Yazoo City (salon.com)
- Haley Barbour learns that the new president is a nig…. (tagg-lines.com)
- Meme of the day: Haley Barbour in hot water over race comments (hotair.com)
- Author of Barbour profile comments on controversy (salon.com)
- Haley Barbour accused of praising ‘racist organisation’ (telegraph.co.uk)
- Haley Barbour’s White Citizen’s Council Revisionism (news.firedoglake.com)
- Haley Barbour’s Historical Amnesia (newsweek.com)
- Barbour defends Miss. school integration account (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Jeff Danziger: Haley Barbour Remembers (huffingtonpost.com)
- Haley Barbour Responds to Racial-Tension Criticism, Calls Segregation ‘Indefensible’ (politicsdaily.com)
- Haley Barbour Finds Himself in (Another) Civil Rights Mess (newser.com)
- Gov. Haley Barbour Realizes He Made a Big Mistake (littlegreenfootballs.com)
- Barbour defends Miss. school integration account (sfgate.com)
- Haley Barbour: ‘I don’t remember the civil rights era being that bad’ (theroot.com)
- Haley Barbour’s not feeling the love over civil rights comments (shortformblog.com)
- Haley Barbour Stupidly Reopens An Old Wound (outsidethebeltway.com)
- “Haley Barbour’s Account Of Civil Rights Era In Mississippi Assailed By NAACP, Historians” and related posts (huffingtonpost.com)
- Haley Barbour: “I Am Not A Racist”; Peter King: “I’m Willing To Be Called A Bigot” (alan.com)