Obama: “Did you plug the hole yet, Daddy?”:: Bush : “Mission Accomplished”
It would surprise me if that phrase did not catch on to perfectly capture the incompetence, disconnectness and the lack of judgment.
Obama took responsibility for the oil spill this morning (finally? Way to go Brownie?). An unworthy part of me wondered if that meant somebody told him that the top kill was going to work and then there would be a happy coincidence between his “arrival to take charge” and miraculous progress?
Related articles by Zemanta
- Some initial signs of ‘top kill’ progress (washingtonmonthly.com)
- Fixing Oil Spill My Responsibility, Obama Says (abcnews.go.com)
- Obama Tries to Get Ahead of the Spill (swampland.blogs.time.com)
- Gulf oil spill: BP resumes ‘top kill’ (guardian.co.uk)
- James Carville To Obama: Tell BP ‘I’m Your Daddy’ And Take The Lead In Response (huffingtonpost.com)
- A crash course in PR from the folks at @BPGlobalPR | @BPGlobalPR (guardian.co.uk)
- Obama To Appear on Coast Guard Ship With “Plug the Damn Hole! Mission Accomplished” Sign (minx.cc)
- Nets Embrace ‘Did You Plug the Hole Yet, Daddy?’ Anecdote to Humanize Obama (newsbusters.org)
- Live Blogging Obama’s News Conference (thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Obama says he’s doing everything he can to control the Gulf spill. (slate.com)