The risks now?
- Risk of being left behind if the fear was an anomaly and there is now the mother of all buying opportunities: my strategy? Continue to trade intraday with no overnight risk, at my usual levels of risk, in large cap US companies, and broad index ETFs, in either direction based on daily directional momentum.
- Risk of being crushed in longer term positions. My strategy: honor the ruleset of ETF2, and take up to 2 signals per cycle in the mechanical ETF systems at usual risk levels.
- Combination of 1&2: this is what I ALWAYS do anyway; I conclude that the combination is robust and useful. Particularly when circumstances conspire like Wed-Fri to produce over 100R in 3 days will no overnight risk.
Related articles by Zemanta
- 10 sigma in the news again (kansasreflections.wordpress.com)
- complexity in the curriculum (kansasreflections.wordpress.com)
- Vanguard Mutual Funds vs. ETFs: Which Are Better? (bargaineering.com)
- Vanguard offers commission-free ETF trades (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- ETFs ravaged in market sell-off (financialpost.com)
- Actively managed ETFs offer flexibility, transparency (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Schwab ETFs Surpass $1 Billion in Assets under Management (eon.businesswire.com)
- Summary Box: Vanguard offers free ETF trades (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Vanguard Offers Commission-Free ETF Trades (online.wsj.com)