Profitable ETF Trading Strategies: Mastermind Meeting Discussion Topics
How can we focus the Mastermind discussion group’s attention? What kinds of topics are worth discussing? How do we keep the group on topic?
In previous articles we have seen how to find quality mastermind groups for traders, and how a Mastermind group can improve your trading practice.
When the Mastermind comes together in a group to discuss topics, there can be a danger that dominant personalities can seize the agenda and satisfy their own needs. For the group to remain viable for a long time, it is important that the Mastermind address a wide range of topics so that the needs of the many are satisfied. What can be very useful is to have a standing list of discussion topics, from which the group can rotate their discussions and ensure that over the course of a year that each topic gets sufficient attention.
Here is a set of 15 discussion questions that may help you get started in developing a long term commitment to trading excellence. If your mastermind conducts individual research and reflection on these topics, and then comes together for discussions, you will discover that the individuals will benefit greatly and therefore be more inclined to keep the group going.
1. Methods of identifying the proper strategy for a given market condition
2. Methods of developing various strategies that can be robustly applied in many market conditions
3. The difference between art and science in trading; how to improve in each area, and how to blend them into a grand strategy.
4. How to rapidly integrate the various pieces of research available into a coherent narrative that allows for reliable trading.
5. How do you get rapidly plugged into market conditions every day and especially after a long layoff from trading.
6. What does scenario trading mean and how can you use it to frame low risk trades?
7. How can you use multiple profit targets to help you manage decision points within a single trade?
8. Can your learning style affect which kind of trading style fits you best?
9. How does your learning style affect your after action reviews and reflections on closed trades?
10. How can you tell if mechanical trading is appropriate for you?
11. What self-assessments are useful to a trader’s reflective practice?
12. How do you use position sizing to manage risks and achieve your system objectives?
13. What are your favorite techniques for trend following? In what time frames?
14. How do you efficiently generate a watch list for your trading style?
15. How do you trade morning gaps?
There are obviously many different answers to these questions based on your personality, psychology and style. And certainly there are more questions worth examining by your Mastermind. This list however will get you started in drilling down deeply into your core beliefs and hearing the philosophy and tips of others.