Obama’s re-election has been profitable for us in the trading room. Unfortunately, the market is suffering just like the nation, from the election. But you get the government you deserve. The market is taking into account that he has no record of actually being able to accomplish anything except fooling most of the people part of the time, long enough to get re-elected. Expecting him to be unable to do anything about the fiscal cliff, the repositioning overseas and into Treasuries has begun. The best we have to look forward to is listening to 4 years of what his legacy will be, and listening to that smug hack Biden position himself for 2016
Free speech is free. You get to judge it’s value. In the interest of fair play and equal opportunity, Lopex will turn his attention to the “authenticity” of Obama’s heritage, I guess, or whatever the point of his riff was.
In the same interest of transparency, democratic pundits are calling for Barack’s birth certificate, and college records just like they are calling fr Romney’s tax records and SEC filings
Upholding Obamacare means young people now get to learn what its like to pay for everyone else’s healthcare and not just their Social Security now. Maybe this is why we don’t teach them math skills, so that they dont understand what we are doing to them
That there are 36 Obama aides who owe back taxes is great news for the country which had just learned at the State of the Union speech that Tim “Tax Cheat” Geithner wouldn’t be around for a second term as Treasury Secretary.
We now have an expanded pool of candidates to take over from Geithner, possessing his same qualities and practices.
- Jan Brewer and Barack Obama in Heated Exchange on Runway [Video] (inquisitr.com)
- Obama’s State of the Union: More Bailouts and Spending (truthsupport.wordpress.com)
- Impeach Obama (mrdaler.wordpress.com)
- Obama Calls for Unity During State of the Union Address (beenetworknews.com)
- Obama: No Retreat, No Surrender (themoderatevoice.com)
- Mitt Romney Calls Obama Administration a ‘Groundhog Day Presidency’ (abcnews.go.com)
- This Is Obama’s 2012 State of the Future (gizmodo.com)
- OBAMA HULK SMASH GOP [Desired] (gizmodo.com)
cutting quiz and start to make a difference in our finances by downsizing the military
- Incorrect Alinsky “MUTT”, isn’t that what you called yourself? (oforchristsakes.wordpress.com)
- The Alinsky Appeal (bokertov.typepad.com)
- Terrific News. If the below happens, our nation will have TWO Alinsky’ites from Chicago, roaming around the D.C. (oforchristsakes.wordpress.com)
- Perennis: Alinsky (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Perry On Letterman: Cain, Gingrich, Perry, Romney (alphabetical order)..BUT, I’d support a Snickers candy bar over the Alinsky idiot that’s in office now.. (oforchristsakes.wordpress.com)
- Do-Nothing Strategy Working For GOP Candidate (huffingtonpost.com)
- Saul Alinsky, Catholic Bishops, Alinsky-inspired Campaign for Human Development ~ When the Devil comes to Church and Stays ~ Author: Judi McLeod (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Obama, Lovechild of Saul Alinsky (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)
- The Full Alinsky…. (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- New Hampshire Haunted by Alinsky Ghost – BOO! (crooksandliars.com)
- House divided and class warfare: end of what’s left of the republic? (kansasreflections.wordpress.com)
- Robert Higgs on the connection between the private economy and property rights (kansasreflections.wordpress.com)
- Can the next Obama Beer Summit be far off? (kansasreflections.wordpress.com)
It is typical of the elite to lose faith in the messy processes of democracy and the normal political friction of legislation. Without the intrinsic faith in the people (and the wisdom of crowds) its too easy for them to look for shortcuts.
Here is a Dimocrat governor considering a cessation of elections. It will of course be laughed off, but the message will be clear to many. Sure its a joke.
- Former Obama Budget Chief: Forget Democracy. How About Rule By Technocrats and Independent Commissions? (reason.com)
- The First Rule Is: Never Let the New Republic Choose the Title for Your Article (delong.typepad.com)
- Another step down the road to serfdom (thinkmarkets.wordpress.com)
- Further further reading (ftalphaville.ft.com)
- NC Gov. Bev Perdue “jokes”: Let’s cancel congressional elections for a few years so that we can focus on the economy (hotair.com)
- Vision 2016 still to nominate an ambassador for one of its pillars (gabzfmnews.wordpress.com)
- What is the advantage and disadvantage of democratic leadership (wiki.answers.com)
- LUCKILY, SHE’S NOT A REPUBLICAN SO IT’S NO BIG DEAL: Hey, Let’s Cancel The Elections! You know, th… (pajamasmedia.com)
- Christie defines ‘American exceptionalism’ (philly.com)
- Editors have great role in deepening Nigeria’s democracy – NGE (vanguardngr.com)
The writer cant wait to make the point that even though Obama’s story about his mother and her insurance strugglers arent exactly true, the LARGER ISSUES are still pertinent
Its truthy without being burdened down by the weight of actual truth.
Much like his claim that 80% of the people are in favor of tax increases to bailout Congress.
Dont tax you, dont tax me, tax that fellow behind the tree
- Obama’s Mother’s Death (aleksandreia.wordpress.com)
- AP Demands Bush of Obama (thevigilantlens.wordpress.com)
- Torturism, the new birtherism (cbsnews.com)
- Discretionary Truthiness (krugman.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Discretionary Truthiness Update (krugman.blogs.nytimes.com)
- AIG’s ‘Truthiness’ Problem (blogs.wsj.com)
- Northwestern Grad Stephen Colbert Comes to Evanston’s Ryan Field on Friday! (chicagonow.com)
Obama is willing to use Reagan for his own purposes when appealing to the moderate Right, but when the Brits offer a tribute to Reagan on Independence Day (remarkable maturity by the Brits dont you think?!), our ambassador, who’s chief qualification is his effectiveness as a fund-raiser, can’t be found. His absence was both remarkable and noticed by the Brits who used to have a special relationship with us, you may recall. Keep burning bridges, partisan hacks. we need more friends, not less. We need to act like grown-ups when in power whichmeans acknowledging our entire legacy, much of which we inherit, good or bad, from those who come before.
pretty shabby. Hilary at least should know better. Maybe she does, and did this to further spike Obama?
now i suppose there is a good reason why Obama, who has been silent in public on his reasoning and authority to committ the US to another war in the Middle East, has now decided, in the face of pressure to address the nation.
The most obvious reason, ie the latest tap on the knee, is the simple and powerful essay by Peggy Noonan, whose insights are no more earthshattering than usual, but simply recounts the historical precedent that in a democratic republic the President MUST explain himself to the people (even if he has sidestepped their Congress)
How many untapped knees yet remain?!
- he didnt act at first in Libya, except to mouth platitudes, until forced to do so by shame
- he finally acted, but without explaining it to anyone
- he didnt own the situation, but hoped it would just blow over
- he came home early from the ineffectual party in Rio
- he would rather be watching the ballgame
- he wants to be President but not Presidential
- Democrats Have No Principles (kylesmithonline.com)
- Knee-jerk meets policy (kansasreflections.wordpress.com)
- Lloyd Marcus – “Please consider the validity of what I am about to say rather than having a knee jerk reaction dismissing it as being “over the top.” Folks, we have an irresponsible egocentric evil man occupying the Oval Office. ” (via ~ The GUNNY “G” BLO (madashelland.wordpress.com)
- The Winds Of The Universe Do Not Discriminate (thebluesock.com)
- EURO GOVT-Bunds erase gains, turn briefly negative (reuters.com)
- The knee jerk reaction of meat eaters (ratherfriendlyskeptic.wordpress.com)
- Senators Want to Yank Checkpoint-Dodging Apps (newser.com)
- Obama is Absolutely Right and in Synch with the Middle East – Associated Content from Yahoo! – associatedcontent.com (stephencrose.wordpress.com)
- Peggy Noonan Officially Goes All Wobbly On Us (firedoglake.com)
- Senators To Apple: Pull iPhone DUI-Check Alerts (apple.slashdot.org)
- One Mentally Deranged Shooter Is No Reason To Throw Out The First Amendment (techdirt.com)
- Chris Wysocki: Yes, Republicans can suffer the ravages of Knee Jerk Syndrome too! (maaadddog.wordpress.com)
- “Obama orders inspection of nuclear power plants” and related posts (reclinercommentaries.com)
- Michael Moore Shreds Obama’s Libya Policy with Shock and Awe Twitter Bombardment (mediaite.com)
- ECB talks rate hikes, braces as Portugal crisis deepens (reuters.com)
He is looking more like Alfred E Neumann everyday
He was supposed to be above politics; we now see he is just not very good at doing it. Oh, he can talk about it, if he has a script, but the doing? not so much
He’s from Chicago, home of savvy bare knuckle politicos….but he never got in the ring, and can’t punch or take a punch. He runs away at the first sign of contact and then disparages the gamers.
He couldn’t take the heat of having Rahm as his fixer, but now can’t do anything without him
When the world revolves around you, it only makes sense to criticize your friends and antagonize your enemies even more. Obama has turned advice of “Keep your friends close and enemies closer” on its head by single-handedly unraveling a historic coalition against the status quo. He is making the republican establishment look savvy, which seemed impossible just a year ago
- The Week We Leaked [Week In Review] (gawker.com)
- Obama Challenges ‘MythBusters’ Adam And Jamie (npr.org)
- Nader: Obama’s a “con man,” hints at indie run in 2012 (hotair.com)
- Obama’s New Tone: From Professor to Chiding Parent (swampland.blogs.time.com)
- ‘Raging moderate’ Obama positioned for success (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- All the smooth hep-cats take a groovy step forward; not so fast Obama (kansasreflections.wordpress.com)
- Police close in on hep C doctor (news.theage.com.au)
- Noshed at Jerry’s in Westwood? Get a Hep A Vaccination! (laist.com)
- Bill Shows Barack How It’s Done (thedailybeast.com)
- Dems falling into line on tax deal? (hotair.com)
- Exit Rahm Emanuel. Enter “Mr Fixer” (newstatesman.com)
- Rahm Summoned to Prove Chicago Residency (politicalwire.com)
- Will Chicagoans Elect A Mayor From The North Side? (huffingtonpost.com)