No sense of self, no sense of decorum. At least 1 person still takes him seriously, and that person is holding an etch-a-sketch
- Did you hear this one from Santorum? (underthelobsterscope.wordpress.com)
- Michael Falcone reported from Arbutus, Md., and Arlette Saenz reported from Harvey, La. (imageinme.wordpress.com)
- Everyone Loves a Good Etch A Sketch Meme (newsfeed.time.com)
- Santorum doesn’t let up on Etch A Sketch attack (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- BREAKING: Mitt Romney confirms he is Mr. Etch-A-Sketch (dailykos.com)
- Etch A Sketch Comment Paints Mitt Romney As A Flip Flopper (inquisitr.com)
- Santorum invokes Katrina in questioning whether Romney would ‘blow in the wind’ (thehill.com)
- Foes seek mileage from ‘Etch A Sketch’ (cnn.com)
- Romney aide gaffe hands rivals an unexpected bonus (worldviewtonight.com)
- Santorum Hits Romney On Adviser’s ‘Etch A Sketch’ Comment (thinkprogress.org)
Since Romney seems unable to tell the simple truth about Gingrish’s unfitness for executive leadership, it’s up to Santorum
, who is unelectable, to do the dirty work. There is a cabinet position for santorum in the Romney administration, hey, maybe even the VP position, if he carries the water for Mr Bland
- I Support Newt Gingrich (crazyjew.wordpress.com)
- A Sharp Exchange Between Santorum and Romney (thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Iowa Revisited: Santorum Wins! (markamerica.com)
- Santorum video warns Florida voters not to walk off cliff with Romney (tampabay.com)
- Religious right unifies behind Santorum to beat Romney (americablog.com)
Gingrich’s personal life evidences such a lack of discipline that it undermines the party’s claims of bringing sober, responsible, controlled limited government to Washington. But the republicans have almost enver really stood for limited government except for a few brief shining years in the 80s. Their cozy relationship with multi-national corporations and large scale defense contractors, and their record of spending when in power surely is convincing that their governing principle is more of the same but with the trough tilted in their direction.
Gingrich will make the campaign and election a personal thing, a battle fo 2 different cults of personality, and make it all about who holds the reins of power in a DC centric scheme of government. The Gingrich myth is for a return to small limited governemnt, but he is making it all about him and grand re-inventions. That is the antithesis of small government.
Gingrich is tailor made for an outrage-a-day media which needs politicians to write their lead for them, and so Gingrich is their preferred candidate.
Romney’s story lines are so bland and convioluted, and require deep analysis that the press must surely dread the work that opposition reserarch on him would entail. All they have to do to get good headlines is offer him a microphone, and their week is set.
After 3 years of opportunity to make the anti-Obama case, this is what the republicans have become: a bundle of one liners and dice rolls in the hands of an ego maniac with little to no self restraint .
- The South Carolina Primary (spwg22.wordpress.com)
- Anti-Intellectualism: The Gingrich Front (jonathanturley.org)
- Gingrich Sets His Sights On Florida (miami.cbslocal.com)
- GOP Race Is Now a Tossup (pjmedia.com)
- South Carolina Vote Was “Primal Scream”, Newt Gingrich “Not Sustainable” (dekerivers.wordpress.com)
- It was a knockout for Gingrich in SC. The party leadership can’t cover for Romney on this one. (iflizwerequeen.com)
- Scorned Woman Loses, Gingrich Convincingly Wins In South Carolina (mundabor.wordpress.com)
- Brace Yourselves for the War on Gingrich (markamerica.com)
- Newt Gingrich or Mitt Romney: Who Should it be America? (votingamerican.wordpress.com)
- Chris Christie Introduces the Establishment’s Fear of Gingrich In To the Presidential Race (whitehouse12.com)
- US – Gingrich beats Romney in South Carolina primaries (laaska.wordpress.com)
- Newtered (webnerhouse.com)
- Iowa polls: Gingrich strong but vulnerable (politico.com)
- Analysis: How Newt Gingrich Won South Carolina (boston.cbslocal.com)
I wish the President would go back a little further and channel Old Rough and Ready, and then get rid of the Fed. It’s hard to fault him though, as he is grasping at straws.
The sad thing is, grasping at straws and just flicking that jab out keeps the Republicans at bay while they desperately search for their fighter. Gingrich is coming out to toe the line, but if the Democrats ever wanted to design the perfect cartoon to represent the Republicans in the minds of their base its Gingrich. He embodies every stereotype that the Democrats wish were true of all Republicans: undisciplined, tool of the rich, flip flopper, uncaring, believes in differential outcomes while mouthing the words of equality of opportunity; accepts bribes, I mean he was a million dollar historian as a consultant.
That’s much different than Clintoon working with Corzine.
And now Gingrich says he will appoint John Bolton as Sec State: that will gain approximately zero independent voters, consolidate the left wing talking points and not convince any Republicans who aren’t already in his camp.
I’d buy ringside seats for a live unscripted debate though
- Gingrich: ‘I Will Ask John Bolton To Be Secretary Of State’ (thinkprogress.org)
- Gingrich: I’ll make John Bolton Secretary of State (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Obama channels TR (politico.com)
- Obama’s day: Channeling TR in Kansas – USA Today (content.usatoday.com)
- Democrats Start Taking Gingrich Seriously (politicalwire.com)
- Gingrich: John Bolton Will Be My Secretary Of State (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- Gay half-sister of Republican Gingrich backs Obama (ibtimes.com)
- “If he will accept it, I will appoint John Bolton as Secretary of State” (atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)
- Thursday Blog Round Up (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- Maddow Hammers Gingrich Over Sleazy History (huffingtonpost.com)
- Mitt Romney Opens Up To Media After Backlash (huffingtonpost.com)
- If Newt Gingrich Were President, He Would Name John Bolton Secretary Of State (huffingtonpost.com)
- Stewart J. Lawrence: Channeling Reagan? Newt’s Iowa TV Ad Is a Real Winner (huffingtonpost.com)
- TR? Obama’s more like Taft (politico.com)
- Romney opens up a bit more to media scrutiny (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Romney’s Plan To Destroy Newt (andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com)
- Kansas – W.H.: TR, Obama not communist (politico.com)
- W.H.: TR, Obama not communist (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Barack Obama Tries To Channel Teddy Roosevelt (outsidethebeltway.com)
- Why Obama is listening to Teddy Roosevelt for 2012 (cnn.com)
- Echoes of TR – The ‘nuclear option’ for Cordray (politico.com)
- Campaign Stops: The Rough Rider and the Professor (campaignstops.blogs.nytimes.com)
- TR Remsen – Episode 130 (timesunion.com)
destroy the economy and make the nation a less popular destination
A plan that clever calls for a 17 day vacation. the good news is that he wont get involved in any legislation. The downside would be if he takes that opportunity to invent new policies as successful as his first 3 years. i dont know if we could stand much more success in realizing his vision.
- Look of the Day: Cuffed and Cunning (fabsugar.com)
- Number of illegal Mexican migrants plunges (smh.com.au)
- Accessory Report: 10 Cunning Pony and Calf Hair Accessories (fabsugar.com)
- Look of the Day: Cunning Colorblock (fabsugar.com)
- The Illegal Immigration Slowdown (andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com)
- Philip J. Williams: The GOP’s Dilemma on Immigration (huffingtonpost.com)
- State legislators unlikely to deal with immigration reform in 2012 session (tcpalm.com)
- John McCain: Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico Could Be ‘Up For Grabs’ In 2012 (huffingtonpost.com)
- A yet more cunning plan: IMF Italy bail-out part 327 (blogs.ft.com)
- Trend Alert: Cunning Cropped Blazers (fabsugar.com)
- Reid Seeks to Break Impasse on Payroll Tax Cuts, Unemployment – BusinessWeek (businessweek.com)
- Putin’s grip on Russian politics slips – CBS News (cbsnews.com)
- GOP rivals seek to gain from Cain’s departure – San Francisco Chronicle (sfgate.com)
- US, Israel covert war against Iran suspected: report – AFP (google.com)
- 31 Are Arrested at Occupy DC Building Site – New York Times (nytimes.com)