I wish the President would go back a little further and channel Old Rough and Ready, and then get rid of the Fed. It’s hard to fault him though, as he is grasping at straws.
The sad thing is, grasping at straws and just flicking that jab out keeps the Republicans at bay while they desperately search for their fighter. Gingrich is coming out to toe the line, but if the Democrats ever wanted to design the perfect cartoon to represent the Republicans in the minds of their base its Gingrich. He embodies every stereotype that the Democrats wish were true of all Republicans: undisciplined, tool of the rich, flip flopper, uncaring, believes in differential outcomes while mouthing the words of equality of opportunity; accepts bribes, I mean he was a million dollar historian as a consultant.
That’s much different than Clintoon working with Corzine.
And now Gingrich says he will appoint John Bolton as Sec State: that will gain approximately zero independent voters, consolidate the left wing talking points and not convince any Republicans who aren’t already in his camp.
I’d buy ringside seats for a live unscripted debate though
- Gingrich: ‘I Will Ask John Bolton To Be Secretary Of State’ (thinkprogress.org)
- Gingrich: I’ll make John Bolton Secretary of State (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Obama channels TR (politico.com)
- Obama’s day: Channeling TR in Kansas – USA Today (content.usatoday.com)
- Democrats Start Taking Gingrich Seriously (politicalwire.com)
- Gingrich: John Bolton Will Be My Secretary Of State (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- Gay half-sister of Republican Gingrich backs Obama (ibtimes.com)
- “If he will accept it, I will appoint John Bolton as Secretary of State” (atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)
- Thursday Blog Round Up (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- Maddow Hammers Gingrich Over Sleazy History (huffingtonpost.com)
- Mitt Romney Opens Up To Media After Backlash (huffingtonpost.com)
- If Newt Gingrich Were President, He Would Name John Bolton Secretary Of State (huffingtonpost.com)
- Stewart J. Lawrence: Channeling Reagan? Newt’s Iowa TV Ad Is a Real Winner (huffingtonpost.com)
- TR? Obama’s more like Taft (politico.com)
- Romney opens up a bit more to media scrutiny (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Romney’s Plan To Destroy Newt (andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com)
- Kansas – W.H.: TR, Obama not communist (politico.com)
- W.H.: TR, Obama not communist (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Barack Obama Tries To Channel Teddy Roosevelt (outsidethebeltway.com)
- Why Obama is listening to Teddy Roosevelt for 2012 (cnn.com)
- Echoes of TR – The ‘nuclear option’ for Cordray (politico.com)
- Campaign Stops: The Rough Rider and the Professor (campaignstops.blogs.nytimes.com)
- TR Remsen – Episode 130 (timesunion.com)