I applaud the idea, but it doesn’t go far enough. How about Congressmen get a pay cut proportional to the size of the deficit budgets they pass? So, this year they should receive a 40% pay cut
Congratulations to President Obama for passing a bill to spend more money and raise more taxes. That’s the leadership you voted for
It’s sad to see my home town descend into such disgrace. It wouldn’t be this bad if Republicans were in charge and were really as evil as Democrats are incompetent. Unemployed and not looking 47% 35% on foodstamps; 1000s of homes abandoned’. Population cut in half in 20 yrs
“Leaders” crying out for more dole
Meanwhile Democrat poster boy Warren Buffett is engaging in the completely legal tax avoidance behavior that is getting Google pilloried fpr prudent fisuciarily responble decisions about what to do with their money.
dare people act in such a way as to deny government every possible dollar? the nerve!
Imagine if this had been a Republican political candidate. What would the list of follow-up questions have included?
- Why do you classify this as an error?
- Was it an error of omission or commission?
- What is the purpose of editing?
- Why wasn’t it posted that this was an edited call, in the same way that text edits are annotated when materieal is ommitted?
- How do you decide if the edit is faithful to the larger original context?
- How does this compare to your standards?
- Is this typical of your editing process? How do you know?
- Who monitors you?
- NBC issues apology on George Zimmerman tape screw-up (nextlevelofnews.com)
- Sarah Palin on NBC’s Today Show: “…When Barack Obama Took Over” (markamerica.com)
- Sarah Palin to co-host NBC’s ‘Today’ on Tuesday (boston.com)
- NBC News Admits ‘Error’ In Editing George Zimmerman’s 911 Call, Apologizes (mediaite.com)
- NBC: Romney will win primaries in Maryland and DC (donny-wise.com)
- First Thoughts: Romney to wrap it up? (firstread.msnbc.msn.com)
- Sarah Palin to co-host NBC’s ‘Today’ on Tuesday (newsok.com)
- Sarah Palin to co-host NBC’s ‘Today’ on Tuesday (hosted.ap.org)
- NBC Uses GOP Hostility to Women to Plead with Hillary Clinton to Run for President: ‘Why Not?’ (newsbusters.org)
- Bernie Goldberg To O’Reilly: NBC Should ‘Cut Their Relationship’ With ‘Irresponsible’ MSNBC (mediaite.com)
No sense of self, no sense of decorum. At least 1 person still takes him seriously, and that person is holding an etch-a-sketch
- Did you hear this one from Santorum? (underthelobsterscope.wordpress.com)
- Michael Falcone reported from Arbutus, Md., and Arlette Saenz reported from Harvey, La. (imageinme.wordpress.com)
- Everyone Loves a Good Etch A Sketch Meme (newsfeed.time.com)
- Santorum doesn’t let up on Etch A Sketch attack (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- BREAKING: Mitt Romney confirms he is Mr. Etch-A-Sketch (dailykos.com)
- Etch A Sketch Comment Paints Mitt Romney As A Flip Flopper (inquisitr.com)
- Santorum invokes Katrina in questioning whether Romney would ‘blow in the wind’ (thehill.com)
- Foes seek mileage from ‘Etch A Sketch’ (cnn.com)
- Romney aide gaffe hands rivals an unexpected bonus (worldviewtonight.com)
- Santorum Hits Romney On Adviser’s ‘Etch A Sketch’ Comment (thinkprogress.org)
I see liberal commentators like Cenk Uygur applauding the reduction of 280B from the proposed budget, as an end to corporate crony capitalism. As if that’s not going to have an effect on the price of food, which is a disproportionally higher percentage of the budgets for the poor than the rich.
Cut 280B from subsidies, and prices will rise about….280B. That works out to about 3K per person per year in the US. Families currently on the margin will then need assistance to make ends meet. The cost of assistance will be passed on to the middle class, who always pays
The response will naturally be to increase the funding for food stamps, and more firmly connect the people to an all powerful natioanl government that provides for all necessities. Who could trust local and state governments, or betterm families and churches to take care of their tribes. What an odd notion these days
- Budget cutting by reducing farm subsidies (kansasreflections.wordpress.com)
- Cenk Uygur Cuts Peter Schiff’s Mic During Heated Discussion Over Crony Capitalism (mediaite.com)
- Twitter Attack Ad Against Cenk Uygur (faktensucher.wordpress.com)
- Libertarian students use Valentine’s Day to expose unhealthy lovefest between big business and political institutions (summitcountyvoice.com)
- Please “Current Tv” Take Cenk Uygur, the Stupid Turk Lawyer Off the Aire (bonjupatten.com)
- Subsidies always discriminate (tigerhawk.blogspot.com)
- Marcus Samuelsson: How Food Politics Can Affect Your Election Choices (huffingtonpost.com)
- The Good News and Bad News about Energy in President Obama’s Budget (insightadvisor.wordpress.com)
- Senators kick aganist fuel subsidy removal (vanguardngr.com)
- Are Farm Subsidies Really to Blame for Obesity? (alternet.org)
- Barack Obama Unveils A $3.8 TRILLION Budget! (perezhilton.com)
- Obama’s Budget, Explained in a Chart (businessweek.com)
- Open Thread: Foodstamp Nation? (newsbusters.org)
- “Budget Honesty” (duanegraham.wordpress.com)
- Welfare for the rich: Springsteen, Bon Jovi and Ted Turner get over $30billion in tax subsidies every year (talesfromthelou.wordpress.com)
- A look at Greece’s austerity measures (sfgate.com)
That there are 36 Obama aides who owe back taxes is great news for the country which had just learned at the State of the Union speech that Tim “Tax Cheat” Geithner wouldn’t be around for a second term as Treasury Secretary.
We now have an expanded pool of candidates to take over from Geithner, possessing his same qualities and practices.
- Jan Brewer and Barack Obama in Heated Exchange on Runway [Video] (inquisitr.com)
- Obama’s State of the Union: More Bailouts and Spending (truthsupport.wordpress.com)
- Impeach Obama (mrdaler.wordpress.com)
- Obama Calls for Unity During State of the Union Address (beenetworknews.com)
- Obama: No Retreat, No Surrender (themoderatevoice.com)
- Mitt Romney Calls Obama Administration a ‘Groundhog Day Presidency’ (abcnews.go.com)
- This Is Obama’s 2012 State of the Future (gizmodo.com)
- OBAMA HULK SMASH GOP [Desired] (gizmodo.com)
Gingrich’s personal life evidences such a lack of discipline that it undermines the party’s claims of bringing sober, responsible, controlled limited government to Washington. But the republicans have almost enver really stood for limited government except for a few brief shining years in the 80s. Their cozy relationship with multi-national corporations and large scale defense contractors, and their record of spending when in power surely is convincing that their governing principle is more of the same but with the trough tilted in their direction.
Gingrich will make the campaign and election a personal thing, a battle fo 2 different cults of personality, and make it all about who holds the reins of power in a DC centric scheme of government. The Gingrich myth is for a return to small limited governemnt, but he is making it all about him and grand re-inventions. That is the antithesis of small government.
Gingrich is tailor made for an outrage-a-day media which needs politicians to write their lead for them, and so Gingrich is their preferred candidate.
Romney’s story lines are so bland and convioluted, and require deep analysis that the press must surely dread the work that opposition reserarch on him would entail. All they have to do to get good headlines is offer him a microphone, and their week is set.
After 3 years of opportunity to make the anti-Obama case, this is what the republicans have become: a bundle of one liners and dice rolls in the hands of an ego maniac with little to no self restraint .
- The South Carolina Primary (spwg22.wordpress.com)
- Anti-Intellectualism: The Gingrich Front (jonathanturley.org)
- Gingrich Sets His Sights On Florida (miami.cbslocal.com)
- GOP Race Is Now a Tossup (pjmedia.com)
- South Carolina Vote Was “Primal Scream”, Newt Gingrich “Not Sustainable” (dekerivers.wordpress.com)
- It was a knockout for Gingrich in SC. The party leadership can’t cover for Romney on this one. (iflizwerequeen.com)
- Scorned Woman Loses, Gingrich Convincingly Wins In South Carolina (mundabor.wordpress.com)
- Brace Yourselves for the War on Gingrich (markamerica.com)
- Newt Gingrich or Mitt Romney: Who Should it be America? (votingamerican.wordpress.com)
- Chris Christie Introduces the Establishment’s Fear of Gingrich In To the Presidential Race (whitehouse12.com)
- US – Gingrich beats Romney in South Carolina primaries (laaska.wordpress.com)
- Newtered (webnerhouse.com)
- Iowa polls: Gingrich strong but vulnerable (politico.com)
- Analysis: How Newt Gingrich Won South Carolina (boston.cbslocal.com)